Dog bites can be serious, even fatal. South Carolina has provisions to ensure that victims…
We often don’t think about what we would do immediately following an accident or injury…until we’re in one. Having a plan in place or someone you can call can take the guesswork out of an already high-stakes situation. Here at the Philpot Law Firm, we want to help our clients be prepared and know what to do if they’ve been injured. While it is not something that any of us plan for, or want to think about, having a game plan can help you stay safe, recover more easily and assist in your case. Should you ever find yourself in one of these situations, our team has put together a list of the top five steps you should take immediately following an accident.
- Call the Police and EMS to the scene of the accident. Traffic accidents outside the city limits are handled by the South Carolina Highway Patrol – (864) 241-1000
- If there are any witnesses to the wreck, ask if they will share their name and phone number.
- Take photos of both vehicles involved.
- Document any injuries with photos once you are safely away from the accident scene.
- Seek all necessary medical treatment as soon as possible. Then, call the Philpot Law Firm!
- Immediately report the injury to your supervisor or human resource personnel for documentation.
- Seek emergency medical care to obtain needed help and to further document injury.
- Be sure to report ALL body parts affected and to report that the injury or injuries occurred on the job.
- If a third party’s actions caused your injury, be certain to document the injury with their insurance carrier.
- Keep ALL follow up doctor visits and document ALL injuries. Call the Philpot Law Firm ASAP!
We know how stressful it can be to not only be injured and in recovery, but in the middle of a case at the same time. Physical injuries are painful and often long lasting. Our attorneys are always a phone call away and want to help you get back to life before your accident. We know it can be difficult to know where to go for help – if you’ve been injured, call our firm and schedule your free consultation with our team of caring attorneys. We’ll fight for you like family!
Schedule Your Consultation Today: